The holidays visit 2014

Trying to get a photo of the mountains surrounding the area

Trying to get a photo of the mountains surrounding the area

Front gate with wreath better than last year when I had only a bow

Front gate with wreath better than last year when I had only a bow


My fireplace decorated for christmas

My fireplace decorated for christmas

I arrived Tuesday evening late from Mexico. The trip to Vail seemed a lot longer this time even thought the wait time at the border was not very long. I had to stop at the Wal-Mart Pharmacy in Calexico for some refills on my medications even with calling ahead they didn’t have one of the refills and I didn’t want to wait till the next day to get it so I left for Yuma. In Yuma it was time to fill the gas tank and my tummy so I stopped at Denny’s. Yuma is not that big of a place but the pace is definitely faster than I’m used to in San Felipe. The traffic seemed heavy to me, I guess a lot of folks were shopping for thanksgiving and making sure they had enough of the traditional goodies.

After leaving Yuma I tummy gave me some problems and as usual Arizona still has many rest-stops closed so I had to keep a watchful eye out for a restaurant or gas station with “facilities”. I found two and felt better. I took a break at Date Land and walked around the store for a while and got some Gator Aide as I felt dehydrated. I think I got fed some caffeinated coffee and with the emergency pit stops I was behind in fluids. The trip from Date Land to Casa Grande was boring, but quiet. I stopped at a truck stop and yes another Denny’s for something to eat and to stretch my legs a bit. Then on to Tucson, the traffic through Tucson was lighter than normal but fast. I’m not used to driving fast anymore and it makes me nervous. I know in a few days I’ll be driving as fast as the others but it was night and just arriving I was a very watchful.

I got to the exit close to my house that has a Walmart and decided to get some fresh food to eat at the house. When walking from my truck into the store I got out of breath, seriously out of breath. I did a quick evaluation of myself and I had no pain just not enough air. I took my time and walked very slowly for while and then I recovered. I knew I better get checked out so made a mental note to call my doctor’s office in the morning.

Arrived at my house and found it all in good shape thanks to my DIL and son who look after the house for me. They even cleaned the house in anticipation of my return. I sure appreciate them doing that.

In the morning I called the doctor’s office and they got me in that day. After an exam and several tests and an x-ray the preliminary diagnoses is I have had an asthma attack and it may be caused by an allergy. I am now the proud own of an inhaler and taking Prednisone for a few days to help breathe better. It seems to be working, I only get shortness of breath once a day now.

I had Thanksgiving dinner with the family and it was lovely everyone got on just fine and there was a lot of catching up on events since I have been in Mexico. As usual my DIL cooking was a hit how she can work the hours she does and still whip out a holiday dinner for a big family is amazing. Black friday I went shopping, I know crazy eh? The stores, the ones I went to didn’t seem to be that busy and I got some stuff to decorate the house and started on my shopping list for the house in San Felipe. My to-do list while in the US is slowly getting whittled down, still lots of things to get done, yet I can see that it will almost all get accomplished.

I took a few photos, the one of the dinner table was without the family because when they all showed up I was too busy to take more photos. So, for your viewing enjoyment the photos are posted above.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s